- Sophomore – A student in his or her second year of senior high school (10th grade) – or second year of college.
- Freshman – first year student (9th grade)
- Sophomore – second year (10th grade)
- Junior – third year (11th grade)
- Senior – fourth year / final year (12th grade)
- Assembly – Samling
- Goose bumps – Gåsehud
- Homeroom (also: home room) - Klassens klasserom. A classroom in which a particular class meets their homeroom teacher to take attendance and take care of administrative tasks.
- Locker – Skap / skåp
- Teachers’ lounge – Lærerværelset / lærarrom
- Briefcase – Stresskoffert / dokumentmappe
- Jock – Atlet (Jock – short for “jockstrap” (susp), or jockey)
- Redneck – Bondetamp (harry)
- Carolinas – Arbeidsstøvel med ståltå. Work shoes with steel toes, popular among rednecks.
- Nerd – Nerd
- Pocket protector – Plastic pocket worn in a shirt pocket to protect the shirt from ink stains.
- Class roster – Klasseliste
- Chalk - Kritt