2: Teaching Tips
Work in Groups
- In groups of three, read the poem out loud together four times or more. Try to learn it by heart!
- Which words rhyme?
- When you feel you are familiar with the poem choose one stanza (or your teacher tells you which one to look at) and try to understand the meaning of it.
- Share your thoughts with the class.
Reading a Poem
There are many ways of working with this poem in class.
- One idea is to gather all the students in a circle and read the poem together a few times. The students can be asked to read a line each – and then continue until everyone has read at least one line.
- Another funny thing to do is to whisper the poem together. The students can also be asked to read the poem in pairs or in small groups.